Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our customers and employees. That’s why we follow CDC-recommended guidelines when we visit your home, so we can help prevent the spread of illness and keep everyone as safe as possible. Here are the important steps we’re taking before, during and after your in-home service.
Before your in-home service.
We’ll call you before we visit.
Before we come to your home, we’ll call you at least 24 hours in advance. During this call, we will
- Let you know that we’ll be following CDC guidelines to keep everyone protected.
- Let you know that the employee(s) visiting your home is not ill.
- Confirm that you are not ill with flu-like symptoms or in quarantine from possible exposure to COVID-19.
- Discuss the safety precautions we’ll be taking during your in-home service.
- Confirm that you’d like to proceed with your in-home service
If you’re ill or quarantined, or if you don’t want to continue with the appointment, we can reschedule at mutual time.
To check the status of your appointment.
How we prepare before your visit.
- Before reporting for work, we perform an online self-health check.
- We wear clean clothes for each workday.
- We perform a health check with a manager before heading to your home.
- We restock our vehicles with masks or face coverings, gloves, disinfectant wipes and spray, workspace cones, trash bags and more.
- We clean and disinfect our laptops and mobile devices.
During your in-home service.
We’ve created a detailed plan for keeping everyone safe during our visit to your home. Here’s what to expect:
Before the work starts.
- We’ll put on protective gear before we enter your home.
- We’ll keep a 6-foot distance from you as we enter (and for the remainder of our visit).
- We’ll go over the work with you and explain our safety measures that were discussed on the call before our visit.
- The safety of our customers and employees is our top priority, so while we’re at your home, we’ll be wearing a face covering for the duration of our visit, and we ask that you do the same when in the same room with your service team. If you do not have a face covering, we’ll provide you with one. Small children and those unable to wear one for health reasons don’t need a face covering, but we ask that those individuals practice proper social distancing with service team members.
How we keep things safe during the work.
- We’ll prepare a workspace by marking a perimeter that gives us enough room to work in, and that provides a safe amount of distance from you and your family.
- We’ll clean and disinfect all surfaces we’ll be touching. We’ll also follow manufacturer guidelines and use the correct material to safely clean your product.
- After the work is complete, we’ll provide a demo of your product, with you watching at a safe distance.
- We’ll once again clean any surfaces we came into contact with.
- If you need to pay by credit card, we’ll clean your card before and after we swipe it. No signature will be required.
After your in-home service.
Our safety precautions continue even after we leave your home. Before our next in-home visit, we’ll clean and disinfect all tools and supplies. And when we return to our home location at the end of the day, we will:
- Place returned products or haul-away items in a designated area to be quarantined and sanitized.
- Properly dispose of all safety supplies and trash.
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces in our vehicles.
- File only the minimum required paperwork for each in-home service (which no customer has ever touched).
- Wash our clothing and reusable materials at home.